Thursday 9 October 2014

The Gatherings (D-3)

So today was a mixed bag of activities.

A light morning swim with a pitstop at the Coffees of Hawaii floating coffee bar.

Then I attended the AWA Gold Breakfast. I had the opportunity to meet Chris Thomas. Chris is a very accomplished amateur triathlete, is racing Kona for the 8th time, is a member of Team Timex, and coaches for LifeSport. Later during the breakfast we were joined by up and coming Australian Pro Kira Flanagan and her coach Andrew. Kira will be racing Kona for the first time and then taking her Pro Card.


After breakfast I met up with Claudia and together we toured the Ironman Expo. The expo was great as always. During our tour we ran into Jordan Bryden from Tri It Multisport in Calgary. Jordan is the new race director for the Chinook Triathlon Festival in Calgary, a Professional Athlete, and sides as a photographer. He is in Kona working for Lava Magazine.

Jordan and I at the expo.


Of course no trip to the expo is complete without stopping by the Compressport Booth.

Compressport Booth at Uncle Billy's
After our tour we headed back to the Condo and then attended a Wyndham Resort Time Share meeting. Least to say that was two hours of my life I won't get back. At least we got a $100 AMEX card for attending.Thankfully I had other pressing committments (aka training) which allowed us to get out of there early.

I had just enough time to fit in my scheduled ride out on the Queen K and then followed that up with a quick transition run of 6km.

Finally to close out the door I attended the Slowtwitch Kona gathering. It's always a well attended event, an oppertunity to catch up with friends, and an oppertunity to win some pretty nice swag. Hebert and his crew did a fantastic job with the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment