Wednesday 8 October 2014

Athlete check-in & the Parade of Nations! (D-4 )

So today's activities consisted of a morning swim (with a scheduled stop at the Coffees of Hawaii Catamaran), athlete check-in, a bike ride, a run, and the Parade of Nations.

I hit the water at 0645 and managed to get a solid hour of steady swimming in. By the time I got back to shore the pier was a bussle of activity.

Coffees of Hawaii - Coffee Bar (picture compliments of Coffees of Hawaii)


After the swim, I did a light walk around town and then proceeded to athlete registration. I was a little early so had to wait in line for almost half an hour. I didn't mind though as it meant the check-in process was quick and in a matter of minutes I was done. A quick pitstop at the Ironman Merchandise tent for some race swag (aka my coffee mug).

This year's backpack is pretty flashy! Nice to see WTC do something different!

After that it was back to the Condo and out for a good hour of riding on the Queen K. After the ride I had lunch, let it settle and then headed out for a light 30min run in the heat of the day.

Last up for the day was the Parade of Nations. We were early (as per normal) and so we had both the Canada name sign and the flag. Seeing as I had the privilege of carrying the flag my first year here I was happy to hand it off.

James
Ruth
The Maley Clan
 
The Cdn Athletes (there was supposed to be ~130) a few more joined in as we marched!
A quick picture with the CAF CISM Coach, Dave Harju
 
The Cdn Contingent



No comments:

Post a Comment