Friday 10 October 2014

One last sleep! D-1

And so it comes down to one last sleep before the cannon goes at the 2014 Ironman World Championships. It is so totally an honour to be participating in this amazing event for the 3rd consecutive year.

Today was a quick workout in each of the disciplines to keep the body fresh and ready to roll on Saturday. I started off with a short swim to the Coffees of Hawaii floating coffee bar for one last espresso. After the light swim I did a 30min ride and finished off the training with a light 4km run.

I then finished up my transition bags, quickly recleaned by bike, and made sure everything was just perfect for race day.

At ten I met up with Dave Lacombe for a quick photoshoot. Dave is also in the Cdn Armed Forces and will be racing for the first time in Kona.

Dave Lacombe and I in front of the Courtyard King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel (Host Hotel)
This afternoon I did bike drop-off and then spent the rest of the afternoon back at the condo with the family.


Stealth Steed sits ready to tackle the 180kms (112miles).

No comments:

Post a Comment