Monday 6 October 2014

An easy day (D-5)

So today was an easier day of training and lots of lounging around at the Condo.

I started the day with an early morning 45min run. While out running the Training Peaks House had Skratch Labs refreshments out so I was thankful to grab some electrolytes and score a few individual packs for later in the week.

After the run I headed into town for a light 30min swim. Of course, no race week swim would be complete without a pitstop at the Coffees of Hawaii Swim up Catamaran. Downtown was a bussle of activity and it will only get busier as the week progresses. After my swim I checked out the Endless Pool. This was the first time I have tried one and was quite impressed. My quick session earned me a free Kona Coffee at the corner coffee shop...hey, I will not complain.

After the swim I headed back to the Condo and took it easy for the remainder of the morning and most of the afternoon. Just before dinner I headed out for a light 30min ride.

That was my day...easy, calm, and relaxed.

Dinner and Family time on the Lanai!
Tomorrow should be a little busier - athlete check-in and the parade of nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment