Friday 10 October 2014

A light day, family time, and dinner with Team Mel (D-2)

So in an effort to keep today's blog short I'll resort to pictures.

Today was an off day from training so I only did a light swim this morning...of course the swim meant another trip to visit the Coffee's of Hawaii Swim up Coffee Bar.

After my morning swim I headed back to the Condo, had breakfast and then I headed out with the family.

First item on the agenda was to visit Carl the Carmeleon at Greenwell Farms. The kids were super excited to visit an old friend. And as an added bonus I got to pick-up some of the best coffee in Kona.
Carl!

A baby carmeleon (~2weeks old)
 
A great selection of home roasted beans!

After the visit to the coffee plantation we spent some time at the Kamakana Playground. The kids loved it.
Attention to detail at Kamakana Playground is unreal.

After the playground the ladies took the kids to the pool while dad rested and I prepared my bike for Saturday.
Stealth Steed ready to roll!

The ladies went shopping after lunch, while dad and I watched the kids and watched hockey.

I made a quick trip to the Training Peaks Kona Party and finally Claudia and I attended the Kona Athletes Welcome Banquet and had the pleasure of sitting with Team Mel. Melonie MacDonald, from St Albert, is doing her first Kona and brought along a great support crew of Kevin, Noni, Quinn, and Rob.
Rob, Quinn, me, and Claudia
Kevin, Mel, and Noni.

No comments:

Post a Comment