Tuesday 8 October 2019

D-4 to the 2019 #IMWC

I guess this makes it official I'm on the list! #1851 - Joel Maley!

Well another beautiful day has come and gone on the beautiful island of Kona, Hawaii. This place never loses its beauty. This morning started off with a 4+km easy swim along the race course. It doesn't get much better than this. I got to enjoy seeing coral and fish as I swam the loop. This will be my last long swim prior to race day.
Lisa Bentley - Enthusiastic, Authentic, and Inspirational as always!

Following the swim we headed down to the Kona Canoe Club for the Team Canada breakfast hosted by Subaru. We had a light breakfast and then we had a series of speeches from Dave from Subaru Canada, Kim from Triathlon Canada, Lisa Bentley, Mike Reilly, and Andrew Messick. It was a great time hanging with the CAF athletes as well as the rest of Team Canada.

Following breakfast we headed over to athlete check-in which was a breeze. No line ups and in and out within about 10minutes.

After check-in Claudia and I headed back to the house while the rest of the CAF athletes headed over to the expo to check-out the vendors (more like go searching for the free swag). I had a bike and run that was calling. 

All set to head out on my ride!

I did an hour and a bit ride on the Queen K and then a short 6km brick run along Ali'i Drive.
All set to participate in the Parade of Nations!
Claudia made sure we had candy to give out!

I had a little time to chill before we headed back downtown to participate in the parade of nations. It's always a great time (especially when you get to put a smile on some children's faces...we were handing out candy!)

Well that's a wrap for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment