Wednesday 9 October 2019

D-3: An easier day with some walking around!


Well I think this sunset captures perfectly the close of another wonderful day in Kona. (Taken as the sun set during the Slowtwitch Party)

The day started off with a steady 10km run which was promptly followed by a trip with John and Helene down to the pier for a swim out to the coffee boat. While at the coffee boat, I of course had a coffee and then had an underwater photo taken.
Me, Michelle Vesterby, and Dominique Fortin at the Argon 18 Booth!

After the swim we headed back to the house and some delicious crepes were awaiting us compliments of Chantel. Following breakfast, I biked down to the expo to drop my bike off with Dominique Fortin at the Argon 18 booth. Dominique is the head mechanic at Argon 18. He's a great guy to know and is always so meticulous with my bike.
Cody Beals and I at the expo!
Claudia and I with the fully assembled bike!

Claudia met me down at the expo and we took in a little shopping. While down at the expo we ran into Canadian Pro Cody Beals. Hopefully, he'll have a breakout race here in Kona! We also took a few minutes to build up a bike. The Ironman Foundation and Flo Cycling have partnered to provide bikes to those less fortunate in the community.

Stocking up at Greenwell Farms!

After our tour of the expo was completed, we headed out to one of my favourite stops - Greenwell Farms - to enjoy some coffee and to pick-up some coffee to take home.

After lunch and video chatting with the kids at home Claudia dropped me off at the expo so I could pick-up my bike. We had a relaxing afternoon and then headed to the Gu House on Ali'i drive to partake in the Slowtwitch gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment