Friday 11 October 2019

D-1: Tomorrow is race day!

My awesome Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ is all set to roll tomorrow! (She is currently getting a shower!)

Well tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow I race the 2019 Ironman World Championship and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm ready to race, I'm ready to suffer, but I'm also planning to enjoy it.

Today was a light activation day that started with an early morning swim at Magic Sands Beach. John, Vince, and I decided to swim here today as it was the closest beach to the house we are staying at. Claudia came along for the very short ride, to watch us swim, and then to go for her own run. I did a light easy swim of about 1km. There were some bigger swells at the beach this morning, but nothing significant.
All set to head out for my activation ride!

Heading out for an easy brick run!

After the swim I did a quick activation ride. I rode up Ali'i Drive and then did one out and back on Kuakini Highway. After my 15km ride I did a short activation run of about 4km which included a set of faster 20s intervals to just activate the legs.
Vince and I heading to bike and gear bag check-in!

After that it was back to the house for some breakfast and the final prep of my gear for drop-off. We called the kids after lunch and then at shortly after 1400hrs Vince and I headed down to the Pier to drop off our bikes and gear bags. John and Helene had dropped their bikes off earlier in the day.

My check-in sherpa Paul! Thanks for volunteering!

Bike check-in was a breeze and my sherpa this year was Paul. He and his wife are originally from Texas and they retired here several years ago.

We had a great dinner of Chicken Stir fry and rice and now it's time for one last sleep (hopefully I'm actually able to sleep). Tomorrow is the day!

In the words of Lisa Bentley, "No regrets!"

No comments:

Post a Comment