Friday 11 October 2019

D-2: Military Reception / Welcome Banquet


So today was a very relaxed day. I was awake around 0500hrs, but managed to stay in bed till 0545hrs. Claudia and I spent the first couple hours this morning just relaxing with some reading while John, Chantel, Alan, and Helene participated in the Under Pants Run and Vince biked into town for a light swim at the Pier.
2019 Ironman World Championship - Military Athletes

At 0900hrs we had the Military Reception at the Formals Gardens of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. It's always great to meet other military competitors and catch up with old friends.
Helene, me, Andrew, John, Scott, and Vince at the 4iiii Booth!

Following the reception we headed down to the Ironman Expo to see Scott and Andrew at 4iiii. 4iiii has been a great supporter of the CAF triathletes over the past couple of years providing us with power meters for our bikes.

I took it easy for the afternoon with some recovery in my Rapid Reboot and a little prep of my bike and bags for race day.

This evening we attended the Ironman Welcome Dinner and Athlete Briefing.

No comments:

Post a Comment