Saturday 7 October 2017

D-7 to Kona 2017

The sun sets on our first day back in Kona!
So Claudia and I made the trip to Honolulu on Friday the 6th of October and finished our journey to Kailua-Kona this morning on Hawaiian Airlines. My parents graciously offered to look after our children so we could get away together again this year. The travel was relatively uneventful and we are now happily settled into our accommodations on Ali'i Drive. I wanted to fly over a day earlier than the other CAF athletes as I wanted to have everything ready for them when they showed up on Sunday. It'll be a bit of a different experience for me in Kona this year as I'll have the opportunity to race with a couple of my CAF Teammates. Both Alex Boulé and John Giguerre have never done Kona, so it'll be great being able to show them around town.

I must first apologize for my lack of blogging this year. I have lots I could talk about and share, so hopefully at some point I can jot a few words down to bring everyone up to speed on my year. I'm looking forward to having fun this year in Kona. No expectations, no pressure, just get out and have fun on the biggest stage our sport has to offer.
Claudia and I enjoying breakfast at Bongo Ben's.
 Anyway, we arrived in Kona this morning, hit up our usual first morning breakfast spot, Bongo Ben's, for brunch and then did a Costco run, checked into our house, and finished off the afternoon with a grocery run to Walmart and Safeway.

Dinner tonight was salad with a little steak!
Tomorrow I'll look forward to picking up Alex Boulé and later on in the morning, John & Chantal.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and enjoy the sights again :) I will keep the fort held down at work ....Mike

    ReplyDelete