Tuesday 10 October 2017

D-4: A busy day!

So today was a busy day with lots of stuff going on. Thankfully it's only Tuesday and there is still lots of time to put the feet up.

John and I headed out for a swim.

Alex hitting the water for his swim.

We started off the day with a light swim at Dig Me Beach (Kona Pier). After the light swim, Alex and John headed back to the house while Claudia and I headed to the AWA Gold Breakfast (one of the few perks of being an AWA Gold Member - free breakfast).
Dave Scott, Greg Welch, and Mark Allen at the Gold AWA Breakfast.

During breakfast Greg Welch did a Q&A session with Dave Scott and Mark Allen which was pretty awesome.

Claudia and I with our assembled bikes.
Following breakfast, Claudia and I stopped in at More Than Sport to build a couple bikes which will be donated to kids at a local school later in the week. Following that we met up with the rest of the CAF Team and our Canadian Teammates for breakfast at Kona Restaurant Inn. Subaru Canada has hosted a breakfast in Kona for the last two years. This year Lisa Bentley spoke.
My name on the 2017 Ironman World Championship banner!

Following breakfast we headed over to complete registration. I was lucky enough to be "randomly" selected for drug testing...surprise, surprise. I think my performance at Ironman Arizona last fall may have had something to do with the "random" sampling. Thankfully it was only a blood sample. However, me being selected for drug testing was a first.
A quick stop to say hi to Glenda at F2C.

Another stop to say hi to Dominique and the Argon 18 crew.

Following registration we headed back to the house for a bite to eat. After a quick bite, I headed out for a short ride on the Queen K. On my way back to the house I stopped to say hi to Glenda at the F2C booth and then swung by the Argon 18 booth to pick-up a T-shirt and say hi to Dominique and his crew.
Relaxing at the Rapid Reboot booth.

Seeing as the Rapid Reboot house was a couple doors down, I paid them a visit to give their Compression Unit a try. Hmm...maybe I'll have to buy one of these.

Parade of Nations with Chantal and John.

And then to cap off the day, we had the Parade of Nations. Always an enjoyable event.

No comments:

Post a Comment