Friday 12 October 2018

D-2: Athlete Banquet

So today was a recovery day with zero training scheduled. I slept in till about 0630hrs and then got up and had a light breakfast.

At 0830hrs, Eric, Claudia, and I headed down to the formal gardens at King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel for the military reception hosted by Ironman.

Canadian Military Athletes: John, Eric, Ben, me, Alex, and Vince

Military Athletes - Representing France, UK, Canada and the U.S.A.


After the reception, I headed to the Athletica booth on Ali'i Drive to assist F2C. Claudia brought Ruth down so she could help out as well.

Ruth and I at the F2C Station

After a couple hours of serving up Hydra Durance and Electro Durance for the passer-byes we headed to the expo for another quick look.

Buying some new Roka R1 Goggles
I spent the afternoon relaxing, enjoying Thursday night NFL football while my legs enjoyed some recovery in the Rapid Reboot.

And in the evening we enjoyed the Welcome Banquet!
Athlete Welcome Banquet!

Another fantastic day in Kailua-Kona!

It's starting to get really real! Race day is fast approaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment