Friday 12 October 2018

D-1: The Day before the Big Dance


The Beast (aka my Argon 18 E-119 Tri+) washed and ready to roll!
Today was a relatively relaxing day. Claudia and I headed down to the pier shortly before 6 so that I could be in the water as soon as it was light enough. I did an easy swim of just over a kilometer. Following the swim, I headed out to the Queen K for an easy 40min ride. While I rode, Claudia went for a run along Ali’i Drive. Following my easy ride, I did an easy 5km run along Ali’I drive. 
Last activation run in the books!
Then it was back to the house for some breakfast, cleaning my bike, mixing my nutrion (F2C GlycoDurance + Electro Durance) and packing my race bags. In the afternoon, I checked in my bike. A big thanks to my volunteer Sherpa in transition, John. He traveled from Chicago so that he could volunteer at this race and experience the vibe here in Kona. Keep working at it John and one day you’ll be racing here. 

John - my check-in Sherpa enjoying the energy!

For the rest of the afternoon I chilled at the house, swam in the pool with the girls, ate dinner, and did recovery in my Rapid Reboots. 
Some Rapid Reboot Recovery action and some time with Abby!

So one last sleep and then it’s all systems go. Feeling privileged to be racing on this Iconic Course for the 40th Anniversary of the Ironman World Championship. Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring. To Him be the Glory!

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment