Saturday 7 March 2015

Day 10 - Activation Day & Watching the ITU CAMTRI Event

So today was an activation day in preparation for tomorrow's Clermont Draft Legal Challenge. I did my bike/run activation as soon as it was light out. I spent about 30minutes on the bike which was mostly easy, but included 6 intervals of 15-30s at above race intensity. After the ride I put on my shoes and went for a transition run of 4km. During the run I included 5 accelerations to above race intensity for 15-20s.

At shortly after 0900 we headed down to Lake Louis Park to wark the Men's and Women's ITU Pan American Cup race. Catherine Desmarais, one of the CF High Performance Athletes, was racing in the women's race so it was a great oppertunity to go out and support one of our team mates. She had a tough race but slugged it out to at least complete the race and not get lapped out.

After the Elite Men's race was out of the water we switched into our wetsuits and jumped in for a quick swim around the course. The water was quite choppy but we still all managed without incident. Hopefully tomorrow the water is calm or at least calmer. 

We arrived back at our accomodations and the rest of the afternoon was our own time to recover or do whatever we wanted.

Eric assisted me with dinner this evening for our house. We made oven fried potatoes & onions, broccoli, honey chicken, and caesar salad. All those cooking lessons from my mother have paid dividends this week.  

Up tomorrow my first sprint and draft legal race. Despite having raced triathlons for 7+ years I have yet to do a Sprint Triathlon. I have to say I am very much looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment