Friday 27 February 2015

Day 2 - Run, Bike, Swim, Run

So the purpose of today was to flush the legs and arms and get myself back into the training groove.

Up first this morning was an easy run. I had planned to run an easy 10km, but ended up running 12km.

Phil, Dave, and I following our ride!


Then I headed out on the bike with Dave S. and Phil. Martin, Dave L, and Elvy were going 200+km today and I didn't want to push the body quite yet. We did an easy to steady ~70km and of course the legs felt great (given the fact they've hardly been punished in the last 2 weeks).

Me, Phil, and Catherine
After lunch we headed down to the Lake for a swim. It was very windy and unfortunately the water was quite rough. So instead of swimming we decided it would be better to practice entrances and exits. All told I was hoping to get some swimming in but I had to settled for only 500m.

Phil practicing taking on fluids!
And finally Catherine was kind enough to drive the van back to our house so Dave, Phil, and I could run the ~18km home. Not only did she drive the van home, but she was also generous enough to provide an aid station at ~10kms.

D1 - Totals, S=500m, Bike=69km, Run=30km. Time=4:40.

Up for tomorrow weather permitting is run, swim @ NTC, and bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment