Friday 11 October 2013

Tomorrow is Race Day! D-1!!!

And so it all comes down to one final sleep and then the big show begins. Today was a very relaxing day with short training durations in each of the sports. I started off the day with a light swim at the pier and of course enjoyed one final Coffees of Hawaii espresso from the Catamaran.

I followed the swim up with a light thirty minute ride on Ali'i drive and capped the brick off with a 5km run. I am feeling great so I guess we'll see what tomorrow will bring.

This afternoon I dropped my bike and gear bags off at transition and now it's the waiting game...the worst part of the whole race.
Waiting in line for bike/gear check-in.

The training is complete, the body is rested, and now it's time to see what tomorrow will bring. I could go on about what the race plan is for tomorrow, but I'll keep that in confidence until after the race.

The question is how deep can I go into the dreaded hurt locker?

I'll close the post with words of wisdom from a professional triathlete, Jordan Rapp, who is racing here again this year. "It's all over now except the suffering. Welcome to the hurt locker. Make yourself at home..."

Oh, and just before dinner this evening the support crew had a little surprise for me. They each had a custom Ironman shirt made for the race and each with a special scripture verse. My crew is the greatest! Thanks Claudia, Mom, Dad, Ruthie, James and Klara!!! I promise I'll do my best.

The greatest support crew in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment