Monday 7 October 2013

Monday - a family day: D-5

A good crowd was out for the morning swim. The Coffees of Hawaii Catamaran is pictured just off center.
So today was scheduled as an off day. I elected to go for a light swim this morning to just enjoy swimming in the Pacific Ocean. There were a few tents down by the swim start. The Powerbar gear check was open for the first day this morning. They give you a bag for your keys and clothes write your bag number on the back of your hand and you give them back your bag. The volunteers look after your gear while you swim. Additionally this morning Bonk Breaker and the Chocolate milk company were set up for post swim refreshments. As an added treat the Coffees of Hawaii Catamaran was out this morning, so on top of 1200m swim I got to enjoy a complimentary espresso. It was a nice way to start off the day.

After the light swim, I walked around downtown to check out the happenings and then stopped into Rudy Project to pick-up my new Wingspan and Rydon sunglasses. Rudy Project had a great deal on for Kona participants this year and for a small amount of change you got a helmet and sunglasses. The only catch is you have to wear said helmet and sunglasses for the race. Debating between my options but I might choose to wear my Rudy Project Hypermask glasses instead of the Rydons. So much like last year, I think Rudy Project is going to win the Kona helmet count by a landslide.
My new Rudy Project Wingspan and Rydon glasses.
 The rest of the day I spent with the family at the Kona Coast Resort. I took the kids to the pool in the morning with mom and dad while Claudia went for a run. It was a nice relaxing afternoon and evening.

Klara, Ruth, and James enjoying the kids pool.

Scheduled for tomorrow is a morning swim, registration, an out and back ride from Hapuna Beach to Hawi, and then the Parade of Nations. It should be an exciting day.

2 comments:

  1. You can always wear different sunglasses for the bike and the run. Sometimes they get a little dirty on the bike and its nice to have fresh clean eyewear on the run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise - thanks for the advice. I was actually contemplating that. I tried the Hypermask with the Wingspan on my ride from Hapuna Beach to Hawi today and the combo worked awesome...even in the rain!

      Delete