Monday 11 June 2012

Special Thanks to Brainsport!

So a couple weeks ago, well maybe a month ago Brian Michasiw contacted me. For anyone who has followed my blog since the Las Vegas Marathon that name might ring a bell. Brian is the owner of Brainsport, a speciality running store in Saskatoon. Brian and I had slugged through most of the Las Vegas Marathon together and I credited him largely for my great success during the race. He really forced me to push and dig deep. Well as a result of having run much of the race together he had found out that I was a big Brooks running shoe fan and had tried to hook me up with the folks at Brooks. So when Brian contacted me a little over a month ago he offered me up a free pair of Brooks Shoes from his store. How can you say no to an offer like that? Shortly thereafter the following package showed up at my door:


After opening it up it contained a new pair of Brooks Pure Connects (these are wicked shoes) and a Brainsport Tri Jersey.

Wow! Thanks Brian! Looks like this might be the start of a partnership with Brainsport to keep my feet in some flashy shoes.

If you happen to be driving through Saskatoon do yourself a favour and looks this great shop up. I'll be posting on the Brainsport FB page to promote this great owner and his shop.

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the PureConnect shoes? I was going to order a pair but they wouldn't ship them to Canada from the place I normally order my running shoes. I just got the new Saucony Kinvara 3 and LOVE them - super light!

    Best of luck in CDA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brooks PureConnects are the best light weight neutral shoe I have ever run in. I loved my Brooks ST5s but the Pure Connects fit like a slipper. I have used them for all my races so far this year. I have yet to break in my Blue ones from Brainsport...my current Green ones have a few more kms left in them.
      If you want to try the Connects and know your size send Brian an e-mail at Brainsport and I'm sure he can work something out for you.

      Delete